Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Park City

I've been in Utah the longest of any place in my life, but it's probably my least favorite place I've ever lived. Since we might be moving in the next year or so, depending on where Andrew gets into grad school, I decided we should explore places in Utah we've never been to before. What Utah lacks in city life it more than makes up for in natural land formations and random little towns in the middle of nowhere. Andrew just quit his job to work from home, and my teaching job doesn't start until the fall, so this summer will be the summer of adventures.

Even though we've been to Park City several times, we decided to head up there today because it's a short drive from Salt Lake City. Park City was a mining town, then a ghost town, and now it's a big ski resort town and home of the Sundance Film Festival. Here are some pictures from our adventure.








I think this is a Banksy original that he secretly did when his film Exit Through the Gift Shop (which is great) premiered at Sundance.


My eyebrows look like Brooke Shields, but this was the only picture I could get Andrew to agree to take with me, haha.

1 comment:

mia said...

Wow cool photos! I look forward to seeing more from your adventures :)