Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Fractured Elbows/Pillow Pets/Turquoise Dressers

For the past several days I've been lying in bed because I fractured my elbow and my right arm has been essentially useless/extremely painful to move.

How does one fracture their elbow, you might ask?

Doing laundry. And hitting my arm very, very, very, hard on the coin slot on the washing machine while vigorously throwing in a batch of clothes. I never knew I got so excited about doing laundry until I injured myself.

This several day stint in bed has provided me with ample time to watch episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and True Blood. During the scary scenes having the unicorn pillow pet I begged Andrew to buy me has come in really handy for squeezing (with my left arm). Amethyst (my pillow pet's name) has also proved her dual usefulness by being the only thing on which I can rest my elbow without it hurting.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is if you watch scary things or fracture your elbow, you should get a pillow pet.

Now, onto the real point of this post. During all the time I spent in bed, I re-evaluated our bedroom and decided Andrew's dresser needed a makeover.

So it went from this...




To this.



With owl knobs from Anthropolgie.

(One day I'll use Andrew's nice camera to take pictures for this blog, but until then, iPhone + Instagram it is.)

4 comments:

WRYUN said...

Quite crafty for a gimp! ;-)
I would like to add to the list of ways to fracture an elbow. Jumping over a six foot lovesac, catching your foot on the top so you lose your landing and then have your arms extended out straight while landing on them.

Okay that was a long explanation. I fractured my left elbow during a failed attempt at jumping over our six foot lovesac.

I feel your pain. I hope you get better soon!

ellie said...

Ryan, that sounds brutal! But at least it was a cooler way to fracture your elbow than hitting it on a washing machine...

mia said...

Ouch! You poor thing, I hope it heals quickly for you. And I love Buffy and True Blood as well :)

anne said...

Buffy, now that takes me back to my childhood! :)

http://scrubsandhighheels.blogspot.com