Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Haircut

Because I force Andrew to get his hair cut at the same salon as I do so his hair can look stylish/adorable, our haircut expenses are $$$. I forgot to take into consideration the fact that boys get their hair cut every few months or so, whereas I get mine cut maybe twice a year if I can get the nerve up (does getting their hair cut give anyone else extreme anxiety?).

For the past little while I've been begging Andrew to buy a clipper set and let me cut his hair. Despite serious misgivings, he finally broke down last week, and after watching exactly one Youtube tutorial (did I mention I've never cut anyone's hair before?), I started snipping away. Up until the first few hairs fell, I was all confidence and Andrew was all nerves.

About 1.5 minutes into the haircut, it proved to be a lot more difficult than I had anticipated and panic welled up inside me. I hesitatingly informed Andrew that I had never felt less confident about anything else I had ever done in my life. Mr. You're probably going to scalp me/accidentally cut my ears off replied (cool as a cucumber) to just keep cutting and everything would be okay.

1 grueling hour later Andrew declared his new haircut a 9.5 on a scale of 1 to 10 and I nervously patted myself on the back like 5 times because our experiment didn't turn out like Even to Save Cash, Don't Try This Stuff at Home.

Before:


After:


Note: this haircut took place a few hours previous to the demise of my elbow.

3 comments:

WRYUN said...

Home haircut FTW! Clippers and razors are my friend. :-)
Good job Ellie! It looks good.

mia said...

You did a good job! And I need a haircut at the minute, but am dreading it, it's so long!

Unknown said...

Wow, great job!! That's something I'm way too terrified to do. Especially because I don't even know a ton about what men's hair is supposed to look like. GREAT work! Looks awesome!