Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Picnic Please?

Mother Nature is officially on my bad side. I am over her. I have planned not one, but five picnics this year that had to be cancelled due to last minute weather changes.

The latest picnic I planned was for lunch today. I picked Andrew up from work during his lunch break and we headed for a nearby park, but it suddenly started raining. We decided to just eat in the car. Andrew opened the lid to his cream soda and it erupted like a volcano. By erupted, I mean cream soda sprayed all over both of us and onto every surface inside our car. We were both both stunned at first, but it was actually pretty hilarious. If the cream soda was Mt Vesuvius, we probably would have died.

I don't know what Mother Nature wants from me, maybe a peace offering? I try to recycle when I can, but I guess I'm going to have to come up with something better if I ever want to go on a picnic again.

Here are some pictures from the last picnic we went on, which I think was in September of last year.






2 comments:

WRYUN said...

Mother nature requires a sacrifice of assorted picnic foods. Potato salad, potato chips, strawberries, fried chicken ... Better luck next time my friends. ;-)

mia said...

I love your picnic basket! I may just have to invest in one...